Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Ask me what I'm yearning for ...

 I wrote this piece a few years ago & thought today I should update it.
Some of you may remember the original.


Ask me what I'm yearning for and I'll tell you:

A man who would never let something as small as "who cleans the bathroom?" become a relationship issue ...

A man who understands a home is more than a building full of stuff or the chores contained within it ...

A man who thinks it's cute when i'm sappy, charming when i'm scattered, and hysterical when i'm silly ...

A man who understands being faithful is more than just committing yourself physically ...

A man who appreciates having a family doesn't just mean raising happy children ... it's also about raising them to be adults who will want to come home to us when they're older ...

A man who will eventually love my child and is confident I would adore his too ...

A man who kisses me, kisses his babies ... and knows sometimes the best way we can show him we appreciate his hard work is a good old-fashioned dog pile ...

A man who wants to hold my hand often, not in possessiveness, but in support and love ... and tells me with a wandering thumb that everything will be ok ...

A man who knows you can't substitute treating someone like they're desirable for treating them like they're loveable ...that both are important, but only one will truly feed your soul ...

A man who phones when he wants to... hopefully often ... and who looks forward to calls from me, because he knows it means I wanted to spend a few minutes with him ...

A man who knows a simple "I'm here" means everything and fixes anything ...

A man who will just let me be a woman ... and will feel glad when that gets him cookies, grateful when it gets him the spot as the big spoon and always knows all those little things add up to mean there's no substitute for him ...

A man who never leaves me alone, whether he is in my presence or not ...

A man who will forgive my mistakes in the morning, forget them by the afternoon and still count me among his blessings at night ...

A man who magically transforms the trepidation into anticipation ... and the fear into fervor and force ...

A man who can be glad to be with me ... in the moment, every moment ... and shows it with a gorgeous smile with nothing hidden behind it ... and is not still be sad for whatever difficult things that brought him there ...

A man who believes "best friend" is far more than a label and is a gift i've reserved for him, long before we even meet ...

A man who understands what i mean when i tell him i've missed him every day until the first time he says hello

A man who expects and needs as much from me as I do from him ...



Someone who isn’t an asshole.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment