Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I'm breaking up with Facebook

Dear Facebook,

It’s been a wonderful few years with you, but I think it’s time we see other people.
You share all my likes and dislikes with everyone.  What used to be just between us isn’t anymore;  all the intimacy has ticked away.
I constantly learned new things, trying to stay with you.  I changed who I was and how I did things, just to please you.  It’s not about us. It’s always only been about you. 
You cared nothing about my needs, you narcissistic megalomaniac, no matter how often or loudly I protested.  Even when 250 of my friends agreed you were a douche, you didn’t care.  My pleas in CAPS LOCK meant nothing to you.
You only listen when you want, spied on my most private internet moments, then taunted me with them, in the right sidebar.
I’m afraid to say anything.  You twist everything and apologize for nothing.  I’ve both hidden things from my friends and unwillingly shared with my enemies, based on your whims.
So many mornings I woke up to wonder what about you was going to be different and unfamiliar.
You’ve changed, Facebook. I just don’t know who you are anymore.
Sadly,

Averill

P.S. I’d like my shit back.

1 comment: